Friday 5 April 2013

Sleep: What's Up With That?

I totally accept that sleep is a necessary part of life. I often enjoy it, it means you don't have to focus on anything and you can just be warm and relaxed and oblivious. But what bugs me is when sleep nags me all the frickin' time!

I slept for well over the required eight hours last night, I expected to be all  bright-eyed and bushy-tailed this morning. Nuh-uh. Sleep clung on to me like a needy child, making me all bleary and achey. Why am I tired? I should so not be tired. Jeez. It's making me less able to do stuff I want to do; it transformed today into a trackie-wearing, bedroom-haunting Degrassi-marathon day, when it could have been a dress-and-make-up, homework-efficient, high-achieving day. If I was ill  or something I wouldn't mind really, I like chilling and watching Degrassi. But it wasn't how I planned it. I can't let something dictate me like that. Sleep is like Kathleen-freaking-Mead, bossing me around with a sulky pout. Shut up sleep! You're not in charge here. I gave you what you wanted, leave me alone.

Still, I guess one's got to be positive. Focus on the good things dearie, as Auntie Ada might tell me. It's on days like this I discover the insane Miss Hardboom fanbase on YouTube, with countless HB/Snape or HB/Cackle or even HB/Millie romance videos. Totes useful, right? And I've started a blog. That's pretty cool. Plus I've got through lots of leftover Easter chocolate that was cluttering up my room. I guess I'll make peace with sleep for now. The bitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment